Nicole and I would like to make sure that everything will be okay when we arrive in the new country. To avoid embarrassments, we have made a short list of compulsory things that you should know before travelling to Thailand ( some are obvious, others are funny but others are very essential!!). If you are planning to spend your holidays there too, I assure you will feel lucky to have read this list once you are arrived.
So check the points and you will be ready to start your journey!
10 things you should know before travelling to Thailand
- Do not talk about the king. The Thai people absolutly adore The Royal Family.
- Do not forget to try the mangous. The mangoes in Thailand are the most delicious in the world.
- do not be scared if you see cockroaches! These insects are everywhere, they are a little gross, but it’s not a deal-breaker.
- Don’t eat directly off a spork, it is crude, use your fork to push food onto your spoon.
- Carry toilet paper: sometimes you can encounter a ton of Asian squat toilets. If you are not used to it, it will be difficoult. Furthermore you will rarely find the toilet paper. They normally use a bidet shower!
- Thailand’s health care system is considered one of the best in the world. So don’t worry, you will be in a safe place.
- It is very practic to weat sandals or flip-flops. When you will visit the city, you will always have to take them off to enter the temples or sacred places.
- Always carry a copy of your passport. It is very important. If an officer stops you and you do not have it twith you, you can be arrested!
- Attention to water! Sometimes it can be very very smelly!
- People don’t stand in lines. if you do not want to be the one in a row to wait you have to know that they do not queuing up. they only form a crowd!