- The traditional name of Thailand is “Prathet Thai” and it means “Land of Free”.
- Thailand has over 1400 islands whitin its territory and the most famous is “Koh Phi Phi” thanks to the drammatical movie “The Beach” with Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Another famous beach is “Koh Phangan”, the birthplace of the Full Moon Part.
- In Thailand the head is the holiest part of the body and it should never be touched.
- Thailand has a college just for monkeys. It is called “Thani Monkey Collage” and all the students learn all sorts of street-performing tricks.
- In Thailand smiling is good manners.
- Thailand is the only country in Southeast Asia never to have been colonized by a foreign power.
- The original name of Bangkok is” Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit “, and it is the longest city name in the world.